In compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, May 2018) Night Sky Counselling Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). (ICO Registered number: ZA776932)
Night Sky Counselling Ltd is also a company registered in England (company number: 12780577)
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or about any aspect of Night Sky Counselling data management, please contact us by email: email@example.com
We will update this privacy notice regularly to ensure it continues to comply with the latest regulations and best practice. This privacy notice was last amended on 2nd August 2020.
How we use your information:
As a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), Night Sky Counselling Ltd counsellors work within the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice and attend regular supervision where case work is discussed. Client names and contact details will not be disclosed to supervisors of Night Sky Counselling Ltd counsellors.
Limits to Confidentiality: There are times when information must be given even without client’s consent. These would include child protection, prevention of harm to clients or others, the investigation or prevention of serious crime, including terrorism or a court order.
Storage and management of your information:
• Handwritten notes outlining some of the issues discussed in supervision, will be kept in a locked, secure location.
• Your contact details will be kept on my phone/computer unless you request not. This enables me to contact you about appointments.
• Your contact details will be erased from my phone/computer when we finish working together.
• My phone and computer are password protected.
• Supervision notes will be kept for 7 years after we finish working together, this is in case you wish to return to counselling or in case you want to read my notes.
Visitors to Night Sky Counselling website and social media platforms:
When someone visits Night Sky Counselling website, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out the number of visitors the website receives to different parts of the website. The information is processed in a way which does not identify anymore. We do not make and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We use Google Analytics so that we can continually improve our service, read the Google Analytics privacy notice here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en-GB&gl=uk
We use GoDaddy website content management system for our website, read GoDaddy privacy notice here: https://uk.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/privacy-policy?
If you fill out a form on our website, this will be temporarily stored on the web host before being sent to us.
Where we provide links to websites of other organisations, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
Night Sky Counselling is not able to offer urgent support or crisis help.
Please consider the following if you need immediate support:
- Attend your local A&E department.
- Contact your local Mental Health Line
- Contact the Samaritans TEL: 116 123 (Contactable 24hours)
- Request an urgent appointment with your GP